Tempe Public School

Quality education in a caring learning environment

Telephone02 9558 3780



Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

Apply online. If you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident you are eligible to complete the online enrolment application. You will then need to finalise the application at the school.

If you are not eligible or prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

For more information, visit sTpe school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Out-of-area enrolments

If your child does not live within our intake area, visit out-of-area enrolment. Out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

If you have received an offer for an out-of-area placement, visit the online enrolment sign in page to accept or decline the offer.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

A Day in the Life of Kindergarten


Story - Daisy's First Day


Parent Information Session 5 - Best Start Kindergarten Assessment

9th November, 2020

Parent Information Session 4 - Our School Curriculum

19th October, 2020

Parent Information Session 3 - Positive Behaviours for Learning (PBL) at Tempe PS

21st September, 2020

Parent Information Session 2 - Preparing for School

7th September, 2020

Parent Information Session 1 - School Information

24th August, 2020

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email document.authentication@det.nsw.edu.au to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.

Students transferring from other schools

If students are transferring from another NSW Government school they should have a Transfer Certificate from the previous school. Students from other states should bring copies of previous reports and current workbooks to help with class placement. Students from overseas will need to provide official documentation. These requirements can be obtained from the office.

When students leave Tempe Public School to enrol in another NSW Government school, they will need a Transfer Certificate. These are available from the office.

 Before a student is officially accepted at Tempe PS, the previous Principal will be contacted to ascertain the student's behaviour and any other relevant information. Enrolment at a government school is not automatic. A student's previous behaviour is considered before a place will be offered.